Monday, January 2, 2012

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol


Producer Tom Cruise: I don't rememeber when was the last time I was in a decent film. Lets make another of those mission impossible movies and since people in USA have already stopped watching my movies I will make it for the third world countries. 
Producer J J Abrams: Cool. A MI movie would involve a lot of computer stuff so lets hire the director of The Incredibles to direct this one.

Director Brad Bird: Wow. My first live action movie and I am working with Tom Cruise and J J Abrams. Dear Sirs! please tell me how do you want to go about it.
Producer Tom Cruise: Since we have already decided the movie will be for the third world countries who still believe I am a super star, we will base it out of Asia. 
Director Brad Bird: Cool. What's most famous in Asia? I have heard about this tallest building, Burj something they have in Dubai.
Actor Tom Cruise: Great. We can have a stunt scene in that building. I will get a chance to show that I am still the action hero I used to be. 
Producer J J Abrams: Nice idea. Since the building is already famous, it will help in our promotions. By the way, you are not thinking about shooting the entire movie in Dubai, right? What's a MI movie which does not involve some International conspiracy.
Director Brad Bird: We can hire that guy from Slumdog movie and give it an India connection.
Producer J J Abrams: Now you are talking like a businessman Brad. We sure hired a smart guy as director for this movie Tom.
Director Brad Bird: I also have some leftover gadgets from my Incredibles movie, we can use them too.
Actor Tom Cruise: Like?
Director Brad Bird: Like a pair of gloves which sticks to walls.
Actor Tom Cruise: Hey. Why don't I climb that burj building using these gloves? Would be super exciting. Are we using masks in this movie? I don't want to wear a mask again.
Director Brad Bird: Don't worry. We will make someone else wear the mask this time. What is a MI movie without a mask otherwise?
Producer J J Abrams: Now since we have decided everything lets call our script team Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec.

Director Brad Bird: Guys! We are making a MI movie. The movie needs to have an action scene where Tom clims the burj building in Dubai using sticky gloves, it has an insignificant Indian character, it involves an International conspiracy something that could end the world. Something like a third world war. 
Writer Josh Appelbaum: A third world war. Then that must be between USA and Russia. Since it has always been that way in Hollywood.
Director Brad Bird: And also, it has to be Tom Cruise all the way. 
Writer Andre Nemec: Should we show that he doesn't have any help from IMF and does everything on his own? 
Writer Josh Appelbaum: Cool dude. You got some ideas.
Writer Andre Nemec: I got that from Burn Notice.
Director Brad Bird: We cannot call it Burn Notice. Oh dear! burning reminds me of that stupid Nicolas Cage movie Ghost Rider.
Writer Josh Appelbaum: We can call it Ghost Protocol. 

No comments: