Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Go Extreme: Suroonnooonnnonooor

Some days back, I read somewhere, 10 things to do before you turn 30. Go extreme was one of them. So I tried going extreme tonight. I arranged one red baseball cap, wore a lose jeans and a jacket. I with one of my friend left for nearest multiplex on a bike. Since we were in hurry, on the way we brushed with a best bus and I had to sacrifice my jeans. But finally we managed to reach the multiplex on time. We asked the person at ticket counter, two tickets, Aap Kaa Suroor, current show. People around the ticket counter were looking at us with curiosity. We looked like die hard Himesh Reshamia fan from our get up but our discussion suggested otherwise. I had full confidence on Himesh Reshamia's acting talent. I knew none of the actors could have performed well. I did never heard of the director of this movie before. I am not a fan of Himesh Reshamia's singing either. But this was the way of going extreme for myself and my anonymous friend (will not name him to save the embarrassment for him).

When we entered the theater, we were surprised to see almost 10-15 people in the theater (We were expecting a lot less than that). The movie started showing German police pulling dead body of a white girl from water. Suddenly we were told that she was a journalist Nadia Merchant, daughter of ex-cop Firoz Merchant (Raj Babbar). Believe me, she did not look like Raj Babbar's daughter from any angle. Raj Babbar has probably mistaken someone else's daughter as his own (may be his wife had some extramarital affair). This is quite possible considering the kind of fool he has been shown in the movie. He actually goes to prison to beat Himesh to death and unwillingly end up helping him run away from prison. I was hoping "Escape from Alcatraz", but it turned out to be "Escape from Tihad".

Himesh Reshamia is no less than Krrish. Like Krrish, he has also got many superpowers, like he can predict future (he knows something is going to go wrong since the begining), he has such a good sense of sound that he actually manages to open one custom made safe using the same, and last but not the least suroor. Using his suroor superpower he manages to call some Mumbai rickshaws to Germany to help him escape from police custody. Using the same superpower he manages to set one of the cars he was chasing to fire. And I think it was the same superpower that prompted the father of the bride to watch TV during feras. Well Himesh seems to be greater superhero than Krrish. Why don't Rakesh Roshan and Himesh jointly release a combined sequel to both the films having two superheroes?

Mallika Sherawat has done the best job in acting department among all the actors in the movie. Now you can imagine how badly everyone has acted. While watching initial credits I noticed 6 choreographers have been used in the movie. I think 4 of them were used only to choreograph Himesh's every movement. His every movement looked so fake that if you actually notice it, you will not stop laughing throughout the movie.
Only thing to talk about in the costume department is various caps worn by Himesh. No body can count the no of caps he has worn in the movie or the no of times he has changed his cap. Well in next season of KBC, this could very well be the one crore rs question, and I am sure no body will be able to answer it. (considering whoever watches this movie more than once will not survive). Himesh Reshamia is the hero with worst physic in recent times. You can clearly see his tummy dying to come out from the tight t-shirts he is wearing. It's really difficult to believe how Himesh delivers all the dialogues without any expression coming to his face. This could be because of one of his many superpowers. It's really remarkable.

I read in one of the review of this movie, that you should respect Himesh's confidence. Well, let me tell that particular reviewer that this is not confidence, we have another word in the dictionary and that is overconfidence. In future if I had to write an example of overconfidence somewhere, i would definitely write, Himesh Reshamia making Aap Kaa Suroor-The Moviee: The Real Luv Story. Himesh, do you think Indian movie goers are so dumb that they will believe the crap shown in the movie to be real. Himesh Reshamia should actually be charged with fraud, for claiming such story to be real. There is one good news for roadies lovers, Bani is there in the movie.

Somewhere in the middle of the movie it is told that, Himesh has lost his smile after his brother's death. Well I have also lost my smile after watching the movie. May some girl like Ria come in my life also to teach me how to smile again.

Well, this movie is beyond any rating and I would not insult the movie by rating it out of 10. I would actually rate it 1 out of 100000000000. Sorry Himesh, that's the best your movie deserves.

1 comment:

Akash said...

Aapki himmat ki daad deni padegi. Btw great review dude. It was a great fun to read it.