Saturday, July 7, 2007

Shiva gang strikes again.

Don't get me wrong, I am not talking about some college boys trying to bring a revolution or a lone policeman trying to set this world free from corruption. I am talking about a gang of four friends who are there to start a revolution in bollywood. They go for the worst of the movies together and enjoy them to the fullest. They are there to teach the public, how to enjoy movies like Apne. Yes, you guessed it right yesterday four of us went for Apne together. Guess what, it was a laugh riot, not because the movie was funny, it was supposedly the most serious movie released this year so far. We were laughing because, when Shiva gang is there to watch a movie, no matter how bad it is, we enjoy. Shiva gang rocks. We are planning to watch Makadmanav (Bhojpuri version of Spiderman)next.

Oh, I think I got carried away. Right now my aim here is to let you guys know about my experience of watching Apne. So I will hit straight to the point. Well what do you expect when a bunch of worst of the actors from bollywood (Bobby Deol leading the bandwagn along with Aryan Vaid (why don't they put him in Madam Tussad's), Katrina Kaif(though I don't have any problem with her, she is beautiful ;))) and some not so bad actors (Sunny Deol (when he is angry, he is the best), Shilpa Shetty) and some good actors (Dharmendra, Kiron Kher) are put together to act in a movie with a script, which could have been good, a decent screenplay (climax and ending of the movie is really bad), which has the worst of the cinematography (what with all the close up shots whenever there is an emotional scene).

The movie could have been better if the song apne to apne hote hain and Bobby Deol were not there. Bobby Deol should have worked on his body if he knew he is going to play a boxer. The movie reminds you of Rocky (all six parts), Cinderella Man, Million Dollar Baby and Boxer (Starring Mithun da) in bits and pieces. But it's nowhere near any of these movies except Mithun da starrer Boxer. One more thing I didn't understand is why there always has to be cheating in a bollywood sports flick.

Well clearly this movie does not deserves passing marks, so I decide not to give any couse I don't know what Deol family of boxers will do to me. So I decide not to rate this one.

No comments: