Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dil Dosti etc: Hat Trick

Wah Tiwary ji! kya movie banayi hai. Maza aa gaya. Aapne meri bhi hat trick karwa di (last three movies I have seen are brilliant)

The movie is about two students Sanjay Mishra (Shreyash Talpade) and Apurva (Immad). Sanjay is a student politician, who is from Bihar and knows what he wants in life. Apurva is a rich guy, trying to enjoy life by buying sex and flirting with girls. Sanjay is going for the post of college President. He falls in love with future supermodel Prerna. Apurva, when challenged by Sanjay starts looking for love. The whole story revolves around these two characters, while showing the delhi college life to some extent (that is not the motive of the movie).

Shreyash Talpade has done a brilliant job. Immad needs to work on his acting, may be he can take some tips from his very talented father. The direction is great. Background of the movie is DU, and I was expecting Haasil, but the movie does not disappoint. Still Haasil remains the best bollywood movie about college politics in my books.

After a long time I have seen a movie, which has made me think. I was quite (which is very rare) for sometime after watching this flick. I would rate this one as 7 out of 10. Some scenes/events should have been justified and also the ending. I would have made it end differently, wont mention it here because I don't want to reveal how it ends.

No comments: