Sunday, September 2, 2007

Missing Shiva Gang

This weekend I wanted to watch the much hyped and publicized Ram Gopal Verma ki AAG, but thanks to the bad reviews and feedback, I could not. I could not find a company to go for this so called tribute to one of the biggest commercial success in bollywood, Sholay.

It's not that I had some great expectations from the movie. After watching the various trailers in TV, I had an idea that this is going to be one of the worst movies made by Ram Gopal Verma. All the reviews proved me right. Still I want to watch this film, just to see how bad it is. I want to see if this movie is directed by the same person, who debuted in bollywood with Shiva and directed movies like Rangeela, Satya, Company, Sarkar and produced movies like Shool, Ek Hasina Thi and Ab Tak Chhappan. I wanted to see how someone like Ram Gopal Verma can fail to deliver, even with a tried and tested script. I wanted to see how someone can make, three national award winning actors Mohanlal (4 times), Amitabh Bacchan (2 times) and Ajay Devgan (2 times) act so badly.

From the trailers, it is evident that Bacchan is over expressive in all the scenes, and Ajay isn't even bothering to show any expression. I know that the Veeru-Basanti (Heero-Ghungroo) romance would be one of the worst parts of the film. Still I want to see the film.

I can't blame my friends for not coming with me to watch this film, because I know it takes a lot of guts to see such a film, which has been bashed by reviewers so badly. That is why I am missing the Shiva gang. I would have watched this film if any of them were in Mumbai this weekend.

No comments: